Spring break 2023 at the Washoe County School District is from March 20 through March 31. The kids will be out of school for two weeks with weekends at each end. Now is the time to sign up for fun and productive activities to fill spring break time.

Numerous spring break camps will be open for in-person activities, including Vacation Station at the City of Reno, Spring Break at the Nevada Museum of Art, Spring Break 2023 Camp Discovery at The Discovery, Spring Break Kidz Kamp with Sparks Parks and Rec, Spring Kid Craft from The Holland Project and several more. There are actually quite a few from which to choose. Check these out soon – many are popular and tend to fill up fast.


St. Patrick’s Day 2023 is on Friday, March 17. Some of the festivities will be happening on the weekends rather than being on the big day itself. The Leprechaun Crawl and Leprechaun Race will both be held the weekend before the actual day, on Saturday, March 11 and Sunday, March 12 respectively.

The Leprechaun Crawl is an adult drinking event that draws people from all over the country and beyond, making it one of the largest bar crawls in the world. 20+ different participating downtown bars, nightclubs and restaurants, all in walking distance and no cover charges. Lots of beer and drink specials and giveaways.

The family-friendly Leprechaun Race runs through the Midtown and Wells Avenue districts. This is a great first 5K for new runners. Costumes are encouraged. You race against a leprechaun and if your time is faster than hers, then you will earn a special prize. For every runner and walker who the leprechaun beats, the leprechaun’s pot of gold will grow in size as a benefit for the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum.

Another event before the actual St. Patrick’s day is the Rocky Mountain Oyster Fry and related St. Patrick’s Day activities up in Virginia City. It will be the weekend before on Saturday, March 11, 2023.

Get details about these events and more from “St. Patrick’s Day Activities in the Reno Region.”

This coming February weekend (18th and 19th) features some fun (and practical) activities the Reno area. Go to “February 2023 Events and Activities in the Reno Region” for details about these activities and more.

Monday, February 20, 2023, is Presidents’ Day. This is mostly a government holiday, but it does present some recreation opportunities. On this day, standard amenity and individual day-use fees at Bureau of Land Management (BLM) recreation sites and areas will be waived. This also applies to facilities administered by the U.S. Forest Service and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.